In India, a society needs to be registered under ‘The Societies Registration Act, 1860’ to become a legal entity. All the Indian states have adopted this act to create authorities at state level that register non-profit societies. There are two ways to register a society in India, one is at National level, and another one is at state level. A society can be registered for the purpose of charitable activities such as poverty relief, arts, education, religion, cultures and sports.
The most important documents in the registration of a society are Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Rules and Regulations (RR).
- Name of the Society
- Address of the registered office
- Names, designations, addresses and occupations of the members of first governing body
- Objectives of the society
- List of people with details: Name, Fathers Name, Date of Birth, Address, Occupation, and Post held in the society.
- An Affidavit from the president that none of the office bearers are blood relatives
- Signed Copy of Memorandum of Association & Rules and regulations of the society
- Proof of the registered address of the society: Sale Deed, Electricity Bill, and Water Bill not older than 2 months
- No Objection from the owner in the form of an affidavit
We can help you register your society at state or national level. All you need to do is provide us with a Power of attorney in our name/advocate to file, represent and collect the certificate of registration. We will assist you with the following:
- Drafting of MOA & Rules of the society
- Registration of Society
- Pan Card of the Society
- Allotment of Tan Number for the Society
- Bank A/c Opening Support
- GST Registration
- TDS Return Filing For First Quarter
- GST Return Filing For 3 Months
To know more, please fill the form and we shall get in touch with you.